Most small businesses don't take into consideration their marketing strategy and few understand the way the internet has impacted local business. Here are the excuses businesses tell themselves about not needing a website:
- My customers already know where I am located.
- I have a Facebook Page - My customers find me there.
- My products or services are good enough - they will find me through word of mouth.
- My daughters nieces aunts father-in-law have been saying I should wait.
- I don't like the internet and neither do my customers.
All of these statements are true... because if you really don't want to buy a website - DON'T!
But don't be surprised when a business moves into your local town - without the same quality of product or service, without the knowledge that you and your staff have, without the nice atmosphere or amnesties, and overnight take half your business because they have a cheapo website. Here is why you need a website:
- Your customers are looking for directions to your business and can't find them.
- You have potential customers wanting more information about your business niche.
- You are local to your surrounding community but you aren't engaging them.
- You trust in yourself that having a website is the most useful tool.
- You choose to embrace the internet because that is what your customers do.
How Customers Used To Find Local Businesses
• Almost No Creative Ability’
• Limited Amount of Time
• No Technology
• No Reviews
• No Conversion Tracking
How Customers Find Local Businesses Today
• Web Development / SEO
• Paid Search
• Content / Social Media
• Email Marketing
• Mobile Marketing & Remarketing
• Conversion Tracking and Loyalty